Be Bold Speaker Series
The Goodnow Library Foundation launched its popular Be Bold Speaker Series in 2017. The aim of these evenings is to educate and connect members of our community through discussion and the sharing of viewpoints. Since then, the Foundation has coordinated more than a dozen events featuring 20+ speakers and bringing in approximately 500 audience members. The Foundation's goal in starting this series has always been to showcase our community.
Since 2017, the Foundation has hosted the following programs:
- Tue, Oct 03Goodnow Library Community RoomOct 03, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMGoodnow Library Community Room, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USAJoin us for our first Be Bold program this fall: October 3 at 7pm! This presentation on the "Science of Reading" kicks off our fall/winter speaker series focused on parenting through the years.
- Wed, Nov 09Goodnow Library Community RoomNov 09, 2022, 7:00 PMGoodnow Library Community Room, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USAJoin us to welcome local resident Rob DeLena and his son, Ryan, as they share stories and discuss their book, Without Restraint: How Skiing Saved My Son’s Life.
- Wed, Oct 12Goodnow Library Community RoomOct 12, 2022, 7:00 PMGoodnow Library Community Room, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USALearn how these driven and energetic women have succeeded in owning their own businesses - what motivates them, their perseverance and passion, hurdles they have overcome, advice, and how female entrepreneurs can better support fellow women in business.
- Tue, Feb 01SudburyFeb 01, 2022, 7:00 PMSudbury, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USAThe GLF invites you to the first Be Bold of 2022! As we grapple with the question of when — or whether — to return to the office, employers are facing existential questions about what their companies value most.
- Tue, Oct 26Oct 26, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EDTSudbury, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USAOn Oct. 26, 2021, Sam Greenfield talked about “Finding Your Thing: Tips for Discovering Purpose and Joy.”
- Tue, Mar 02Mar 02, 2021, 7:00 PMOnlineOn March 2, we were happy to host the next event in our Be Bold "Get Outdoors" series: Be Bold, Get Outside, Grow Food! with Hannah Traggis. This program featured Hannah Traggis from Aurelia’s Garden, a nonprofit food pantry garden in Wayland.
- Tue, Feb 09Feb 09, 2021, 7:00 PMOnlineThe Goodnow Foundation Library partnered with Mass Audubon for Backyard Science: Expanding outdoor engagement for adults and children through community science.
- Tue, Jan 19Jan 19, 2021, 7:00 PMOnline EventThe Goodnow Library Foundation was delighted to partner with Sudbury Valley Trustees for 2021’s first Be Bold event on January 19 via Zoom. Did you ever wonder how our local wildlife are adapted to survive a New England winter?
- Tue, Jan 14SudburyJan 14, 2020, 7:00 PMSudbury, 21 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USAThe GLF hosted a full house for a community conversation on climate change.